There are various levels of “obstacle course” style challenges, and they all test your ability in different ways. If you are not in shape, you will struggle with the hardest ones! Here is a brief summary of race series from shortest length to longest:
- Your First Mud Run – currently in the Northeast, this series is for beginners and families – typically 1-2 miles long, with obstacles that are doable
- Warrior Dash – typically about 3 miles long, with obstacles that are harder than beginner races. These are a good first step to take when trying these events
- Diva Dash – for women only – also about 3 miles long, but with relatively easy obstacles – great for team bonding
- Mudderella – for women only – these are longer, from 5-7 miles long with harder obstacles than divas
- Spartan Race – These races are about 7-9 miles long, with the championships between 13 and 15 miles long with very hard obstacles – you must be in shape to do this!
- Tough Mudder – These races are also about 7-9 miles long with very hard obstacles – you must be in shape to do this!
There are many other series, but this is just a sample to get you going. A lot of runners are tempted to do one of these; they should get some core/strength training to finish without getting injured.
#yourfirstmudrun #Spartanrace #warriordash #mudderella #divadash #toughmudder #running