Unless you are with a group of people and talking, a run can take longer to finish without distractions. You can watch a movie while on a treadmill. You can run to an amazing view and appreciate it. Unfortunately, some runs are not with people or not in a place with many distractions. Therefore, I turn to my music. For me, these are (some of) my “go to” songs:
- Gonna Fly Now – Rocky Soundtrack
- Eye of the Tiger – Survivor
- Only the Young – Journey
- All You Need is Now – Duran Duran
- C’mon C’mon – Def Leppard
- Burning Heart – Survivor
- Maniac – Michael Sembello
- Let’s Go – Def Leppard
- Broken Wings – Mr. Mister
- Boys of Summer – Don Henley
- Die Hard the Hunter – Def Leppard
These are just some of mine – what are yours?
What you still need to do is be careful – if you must listen to music on the streets, make the volume low so that you can hear cars and traffic. It is better to stick to the paths if you are going to blast it. Even then, you need to be aware of the other runners, bikers and animals.
Otherwise, Happy Running!
#running #runningtips #runningcoach #NCRC